Southern Oregon Bluegrass Quintet Eight Dollar Mountain Blends Driving Rhythms, Smooth Vocal Harmonies, And A Rockin’ Good Time.
Eight Dollar Mountain serves up high-energy, traditionally-inspired bluegrass for audiences up and down the West Coast. Their hard-driving rhythm pulls you onto the dance floor, with a clear, purposeful sound reflecting the roots of mountain music, blues, and old time country. Eight Dollar Mountain sounds familiar, like the tunes coming from grandpa’s back porch, yet their energy carries the tradition of bluegrass into the 21st century.
Since coming together on a foggy mountain top in 2010, this hard-working group has released three albums, Wild River Country (2010), Riverboat Gambler (2012), and Tied to the Tracks (2014) produced by Vince Herman from Leftover Salmon. Their original songwriting and arrangements blend whitewater-fast rhythms, tasteful vocal harmonies and plenty of low-end groove for a live performance that is sure to get crowds dancing and hollering for more. The band is based in Ashland, OR.
Eight Dollar Mountain is Darren Campbell (guitar), Stuart Green (banjo), Phil Johnson (mandolin), Joe Porto (bass), Mark Lackey (dobro).
- Eight Dollar Mountain have created a fertile space for bluegrass to grow in the Pacific Northwest, continuing to help lift the coastal fog with bright string band songs – The Alternate Root
- There’s so much consistently good material here by the members—featuring fine lyrics and melodies, engaging characters, and compelling situations—that it’s hard to single out the best ones. Just get ready to travel on highways or railroads, enter penitentiary walls or family kitchens, and encounter lovers and pioneers and hobos. – Bluegrass Unlimited
- The group plays with a nice groove and energy, and it’s just plain fun to listen and dance to…you can tell by listening to them that they love what they do. – Jefferson Monthly
- Eight Dollar Mountain is a bluegrass force to be reckoned with…Nice lyrics. Nice composition. Nice performance. A triumphant trifecta. – ISeeSouthernOregon.com
- An unusual subculture of young bluegrass converts…join them for a rip-roaring good time. – Ashland Daily Tidings
- Website: www.eightdollarmountain.net
- Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/EightDollarMountain
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/8dollarmountain
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/8dollarmountain
- For Booking, Media and General inquiries email [email protected]